| 1.我告诉他别乱动,否则照片没法拍了。
I told him to stay put long enough for the photo to be taken.
2.晚会结束后,女孩子们留下来帮助清扫。
Girls stayed behind after the party to help clean up.
3.我一心只想帮忙,忘记了人多反而误事。
I only wished to help, forgetting that it might turn out to be a case of too many cooks.
4.食堂的饭菜多得令人眼花缭乱,都不知道选什么好了。
There are always a large varieties of food and dishes at our dining hall. We are spoiled for choice.
5.在众人面前发言总是令我紧张不堪。Speaking in front of a lot of people always gets on my nerves.
6.你会发现他这人一言九鼎。
You’ll find that he is just as good as his word.
7.我没那样讲过。我搞不懂他为什么硬说我讲过了。
I didn’t say that. I couldn’t understand why he put words in my mouth.)
8.点龙虾呢还是要牛排呢,我吃不准。
I can’t decide between the lobster and the steak.
9.那件事最终促使我离职。
That decided me to leave my job.
10.我本想当画家的,但命运却为我另作了安排。
I had wanted to be a painter, but destiny decided otherwise.
11.他不会去的:他在这一点上相当坚决。
He won’t go: he’s quite decided about it.
|